- About Us
- Strategic Plan
- Matheson Learning Commons
- Support the Library
- Open Access
- Digital Repository
- Maps, Data & GIS
- Maps, Geodata & GIS Collections
- Contact Us
- Services & Hours
- Geospatial Data Services
- Guides & How to...
- Historical Map Prints for Sale!
- ArcGIS at Brock
- Brock Campus Aerial Time Travel
- Special Collections and Archives
- Instructional Resource Centre
- Government and Legal Information
- Collections Management Overview
- The Business of Scholarly Publishing
HOW TO PRINT IN THE LIBRARY
James A. Gibson Library
HOW TO PRINT IN THE LIBRARY
HOW TO PRINT
Print from your computer to the Library's printers!
1. Ensure your document is one of the following:
- A Word document (.doc)
- A PDF document (.pdf)
- A rich-text document (.rtf)
2. Upload your file to http://webprint.library.brocku.ca
3. Take note of the time your job was submitted
4. Come to James A. Gibson Library/Learning Commons, Enter 'webprint' as the username at any print release station
5. Select your document based on the time it was accepted, and print
6. Documents printed are 10 cents a page.
7. Upload your document:
8. Choose a file to upload:
To print using the Printers in the James A. Gibson Library, follow the steps below.
If you do not have a photocopy card, you may purchase one from the vending machines on the main floor of the Library near the east entrance, or the 5th floor outside the photocopy office. Instructions to purchase a card are posted on the machine.
Logon to one of the Library Workstations.
- Select the public printer from the list of printers.
- Click on PRINT DOCUMENT.
- Go to one of the printer stations listed below:
- near the east entrance, behind the Circulation desk
- near the south entrance across from Classroom A & B
- on the 5th floor of the library
TO COLLECT YOUR PRINT JOB
Go to the release workstation connected to the printer of your choice.
Insert your photocopy card in the card reader.
When prompted, type your User ID
A list of Print Jobs will appear on the screen.
Click to highlight the jobs you want to print.
Ten cents ($0.10) per page will be deducted from the balance on your photocopy card. If you use the duplex or double-sided printing option, $0.10 will be deducted from the balance of your card, and $0.08 will be deducted for the next page.
Be sure your balance will cover the cost of printing your articles.
Click on PRINT.
Consult with staff at the Help Desk for help in searching for information and using databases.
For assistance with the Printers, consult staff at the Circulation Desk, or either help desk. At busy times you may have to wait in line for help.
DOWNLOAD (instead of using the Library Printers)
To download information from databases, consult the appropriate database guide located beside the Emergency Door near the printers on the main floor of the Library, or click More Information on the first screen of the appropriate database for instructions.
Click FILE in the upper left hand corner of your screen.
Scroll down to SAVE AS and click.
When the SAVE AS box appears on your screen, name your file.
To save to disk or memory device:
Go to the top of the Pop-Up menu. Using the down arrow, choose the appropriate drive.
Click on SAVE. Be sure to remove your disk or memory device when you are done.