Submitting Interlibrary Loan / RACER Requests
Have you checked the Brock Library Catalogue for the item needed? Material identified as available in the James A. Gibson Library may be requested only when certified as 'missing' by Circulation Services.
- Pre-registration is required to use the Interlibrary Loan service. Please complete the End User Registration Form for first time users.
- Select RACER, the virtual union catalogue of all Ontario University libraries, find required items, and click on Get it!.
- Alternatively, you may also fill out a blank request form in RACER.
- Use of abbreviations, incomplete or incorrect information may delay the processing of your request.
- The same item may not be requested more than twice, and then only if an alternate location can be found.
- Do not submit duplicate requests. If you have questions about a canceled request, or a delay in the receipt of materials, please contact the Interlibrary Loan Staff.
- Please read your alert e-mail messages carefully. If your material is not available, a reason will be given.
The Interlibrary Loan system (RACER) will notify faculty, students and staff via e-mail when material arrives, or if there is some difficulty in locating the item. Users are responsible for monitoring the status of their requests. Materials (books) must be picked up and returned at the Circulation Services Desk. Please note that the lending library may stipulate special conditions that must be followed (e.g. the book/microform might be restricted to 'In-Library Use Only'). Book bands that identify the material as an Interlibrary Loan must not be removed. Photocopies of journal articles must also be picked up at the Circulation Services Desk, but are for the borrower's retention.